Welcome to the Coaches Corner. Below you will find sample practice plans and phlosophies for coaching basketball.
Things to keep in mind as you begin the season
- Keep them outside your team
- Give them 1 shot
- Don't shoot a contested shot
- Pass up a good shot for a great shot
- The 2 things an individual players will have complete control over is
- How well they dribble the basketball
- How well they shoot the basketball
- Fundamentals of dribbling and passing are more important than any offense you will run.
- Most teams that have the ability to handle the basketball win games. (true of even NBA when talking in terms of turnovers)
- It's not about winning and losing but about developing the player's skills